Crime Free Conference
Kansas City, Missouri
June 29 - July 1, 2009
At Home in the Heartland
If you can only attend one crime prevention conference this year
... attend this one! This is the 11th International Conference
featuring the highly effective Crime Free Programs. The 2009 annual
conference is hosted by Kansas City, Missouri.
The first ten Crime Free Association conferences were a resounding
success. See conference photos from 2007 Mesa,
Arizona; from 2006 Albuquerque,
New Mexico; and from 2005 Riverside,
We invite you to join together with Crime Free Coordinators, police officers, security specialists, crime prevention officers, property owners, and managers as we work together towards a goal of a Crime Free tomorrow.
Cutting Edge Programs:
- Crime Free Multi-Housing
- Crime Free Rental Housing
- Crime Free Condominiums
- Crime Free Mobile-Housing
- Crime Free RV Parks
- Crime Free Mini-Storage
- Crime Free Hotel-Motel
- Crime Free Lifestyles
- Crime Free Business
- Crime Free Platinum
This conference will have information for you regardless if you're new to crime prevention or an experienced professional. Have you tried to implement a targeted Crime Prevention program before and found that crime statistics didn't go down? The Crime Free programs are different! Each program has shown a statistical reduction in police calls for service (as tracked by the Mesa, Arizona Police Department). The programs have been implemented in many parts of the World...and they work!
Who Should Attend?
This training is ideal for law enforcement and the business community that deals with rental housing, condominiums, hotels, motels, mini-storage, and manufactured-housing. Regardless of your experience level, you are guaranteed to learn something new at this conference.
For interested law enforcement professionals, there will be certification
courses taught. This will be a "train the trainer" format
taught by professionals currently running the programs in their
For experienced professionals, who are already been running one or more programs, we will offer development courses with cutting edge information and improvements that have been created by the various jurisdictions and communities. These classes will fill in the gaps in your training and take you to a new advanced level.
For the business professional and property owner/manager, learn how to make your business safer and how to work with the police. Everyone wins when we work together!
Kansas City , Missouri:
City of Kansas City, MO Conference
Tim Zehring - Mesa PD - Crime Free Executive Director
Crime Free Mobile-Housing - Train-the-Trainer
Crime Free Hotel-Motel - Train-the-Trainer
John Start & Dave Rowe
Crime Free Multi-Housing Train-the-Trainer Certification
Attorney Denny Dobbins
Chris McGoey - McGoey Security Consulting
Retail Store Robbery Prevention
CPTED Lighting Design
Shopping Center Risk Assessment & CPTED Survey
Dan Andresen - Easy Tracking Software
Training Sessions Planned
- All Eight Crime Free Programs: Multi-Housing, Rental Housing, Mobile-Housing, Condominiums, Storage Lockers, Hotels/Motels, Family Lifestyle, & Crime Free Business
- Nighttime Apartment CPTED Survey with Chris McGoey
- Personal Safety for Managers
- Fixing Poor Exterior Lighting Designs
- Train-the-Trainer Certifications
- CCTV What You Need to Know to Make it Effective
- Clandestine Drug Awareness
- CPTED Lighting Design
- Shopping Center Risk Assessment & CPTED Survey
- Retail Store Robbery Prevention
- Crime Free Platinum
- Electrical Fire Safety Inspection Team
- Hate Crimes
- How to Effectively Check References
& Guard Against Identity Theft
- How to Reduce Auto Theft in Underground Garages
- Integrated National Security
- Legal Updates
- Mail Fraud & Theft
- Odd Squad
- Personal Safety for Managers
- Police Youth Academy & Crime Free
- Risk Management/Liability
- Easy Tracking Crime Free Software by Dan Andresen
Conference Registration Cost
Early Registration: $150.00 before June
1, 2009. After June 1st the conference fee is $175.00.
Persons registering after June 1, 2009 are not guaranteed
to receive customized conference items because of the time required
for items to be custom stitched or embossed.
or check payable to:
City of Kansas City
Three-days of crime prevention training classes and information
exchange. Unlimited networking at social events. Registration includes
breakfast, lunch, and snacks during breaks. Registration covers
all handouts and free promotional items like conference logo golf
shirts and more, if you registered before June 1, 2009.
Conference Class Schedule
E-mail for more information
Host Conference Hotel
Kansas City, MO 64105
Special Conference Rate: $ 87.00 per night
One-to four occupants per registration. This special rate is good
for three-days before and three-days after the conference. Upgrade
to a suite for $20 more. Be sure to book your hotel room early
to secure your place. Complimentary High-speed Internet. Sleep
Adjacent to Bartle Hall Convention Center. Walking distance to
KC Power & Light Entertainment District.
Other Nearby Hotels
Things to See & Do in Kansas City
- KC Power & Light Entertainment District
- Attractions near Kansas City
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How do I get from the airport to the conference hotel?
- A: The hotel is 7 miles from the Kansas City International
airport making it an easy ride by rental car or a short taxi
fare. Shuttles may be arranged, if possible
- Q: When we arrive at the hotel, when and where can we sign-in for the conference?
- A: Usually you can check in Sunday evening before the conference and certainly Monday morning. Look for signs posted in the hotel lobby for details
- Q: What is the weather like in Kansas City in June-July?
- A: Absolutely Perfect for touring Kansas City.
- Q: What is the "dress" for the conference?
- A: Casual!!!! Dress for comfort. Shorts, t-shirts, sandals, and polo shirts are okay, but carry a sweater or light jacket because indoor air conditioning can get quite cold (remember Savannah?)
- Q: Is the hotel close to Kansas City attractions?
- A: Absolutely! Everything is available by SkyTrain or car. A golf courses are nearby. Budget rental cars are available on-site
- Q: Are there any organized tours planned?
- A: Yes. there is a day trip planned to Whistler on Sunday and an evening excursion on Monday night and shopping trips.
- Q: Are there opportunities for golf or other sports?
- A: Definitely! There is a special Fairways4Fuzz golf tournament
Also bring patches & pins for trading
Bring Auction Items and Auction Cash