|Personal Safety Video Series
Chris E. McGoey, CPP, CSP, CAM
- Home Security
- Personal Protection
- Workplace Violence
- Personal & Family Safety
- Family Planning Stategies
As a community service, security expert Chris McGoey has collaborated with VideoJug to produce this series of free personal safety videos for the protection of your home and family.
- How likely am I to become a victim of a crime?
- What types of violent crime are the most common?
- What types of violent crime are most preventable?
- What are the characteristics of a typical victim of violent crime?
- What is most important thing I can do to protect myself?
- How can a family security plan protect my loved ones?
- How does a family security plan work when we are not together?
- What will make a predator view me as a victim?
- Does my clothing affect a predator’s perception of me?
- How should I carry my handbag to avoid a purse snatcher?
- How can I modify my behavior to avoid becoming a victim?
- What safety precautions can I take before leaving the house?
- How can I be safe when walking alone?
- Will a weapon protect me from violent crime?
- Should I take a self-defense class?
- Should I get a weapon for self-defense?
- How do I choose the best pepper spray?
- How does pepper spray work?
- Can I rely on my intuition when I sense danger?
- How can I tell if someone on the street is a predator?
- What are some warning signs that I am about to be attacked?
- What is the best way to respond when a stranger approaches me?
- What should I do if I think I’m in danger of being attacked?
- What should I do if someone seems drunk or on drugs approaches me?
- What should I do if a robber demands my purse or wallet?
- If I am attacked is it better to resist or act passive?
- What are some self-defense techniques to thwart an attack?
- Can I thwart an attack using a weapon?
- What if a kidnapper tries to force me into a car?
- How can I stay safe while driving?
- What should I do if a stranger tries to help me with my disabled car?
- What should I do if a stranger in another car is acting aggressive towards me?
- How do I choose the safest parking spot?
- What is the safest way to enter a parking space?
- What changes should I make to the outside of my home?
- What can I do to prevent a home invasion robbery?
- How can fortify my sliding windows and glass doors from intruders?
- What is a “safe room” and do I need one?
- Should I keep a gun in my home for self-defense?
- What common household items make good makeshift weapons?
- How can I stay safe when I hire repairmen for inside my home?
- What should I look for before hiring repairmen for inside my home?
- How can I stay safe when I’m alone with repairmen inside my home?
- What should I do if I suspect a repairman is dangerous?
- What should I do if an intruder breaks into my home?
- If I think I hear an intruder in my home, should I investigate?
- Should I let the intruder know I’m aware of his presence?
- What should I do if a stranger attacks me in my home?
- What should I use as a weapon against an intruder in my home?
- What should I do if a violent attack occurs in my workplace?
- What should I do if I am the target for an attack in my workplace?
- Can I depend on building security to prevent a violent attack at work?
- What is stalking?
- When does obsessive behavior officially become stalking?
- What kinds of stalkers are there?
- When does stalking become a serious threat and what to do about it?
- Should I call the police if I feel that I am being stalked?
Please contact Mr. McGoey to check on his availability to work for you in training videos or as a media resource
Books on Security Management and Liability